OMTA District/State Entry Guidelines
2020 OMTA ENTRY GUIDELINES
PLEASE READ THE BELOW CAREFULLY. HARD COPIES WILL BE PASSED OUT TO STUDENTS WHO WILL PARTICIPATE IN THE 2020 OMTA DISTRICT ACHIEVEMENT AUDITIONS.
FROM THE STATE:
- Students (families) shall pay both District and State Achievement Audition fees when entering the District Audition.
- State entry fees will only be refunded for a student who does not qualify for the State Achievement Audition. There will be no refunds if students qualify for State but, for one reason or another, decide not to participate in State.
- Students receiving a I+, I, or I- qualify for the State Achievement Audition.
- Students receiving a II, III, or IV do not qualify for the State Achievement Audition.
- If a student does not qualify your teacher will notify the State Achievement Audition Coordinator for that student's refund.
- Students (families) must fill out their State time requests when entering the District Audition. The District Achievement Audition entry form will be the only opportunity for a student to register for State Achievement Auditions.
- District Achievement Audition centers will not offer a State Achievement Audition registration table and will not accept State Achievement Audition entry fees.
FROM MRS. PULLIN:
The first year of any major change is always the most difficult. Parents, please feel free to let me know your questions, thoughts, and/or concerns. Communication, communication, and more communication from me to you and you back to me will help make this change succeed.
- Parents/students will receive a hard copy of the Studio Form that includes all necessary information to complete and return to me by February 15th.
- Parents/students must check their family calendar to make sure they can attend State (two possible dates).
- Students who qualify for State may choose not to participate. However, if you are a secondary student working towards a Senior award, this would not be a good decision.
- Since I, as your teacher, must pay the State all students' District and State fees when I turn in my Studio Entry forms (due February 29), families will be billed the following:
- February Statement: $25.00 District Entry Fee per student.
- March Statement: $25.00 State Entry Fee per student.
PDF File - PPS OMTA 2020 District/State Entry Form